A Call for Quilts- 2012
Theme: Out of the Box - Art Quilts!
Ebony Stitchers Quilt Exhibition
Download Entry Form
Email Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Each year the Ebony Stitchers Quilt Exhibition issues a Call for Quilts for our exhibition that is conducted in conjunction with the National Black Arts Festival in Atlanta Ga. This is the only Quilt Exhibition of its kind associated with the National Black Art Festival and convened at a major art facility in the Southeast. The purpose of the Ebony Stitchers Quilt Exhibition is to create a space where All Women and Women of Color may exhibit their Quilt works (traditional, non-traditional, contemporary and artistic). The exhibition is in its sixth year of maturation and growing larger each year. The Quilt Exhibition will be held July 19 – July 22, 2012 in Atlanta Ga. The theme for the Quilt Exhibition is “Out of the Box – Art Quilts”.
Our Quilt Art speaks to Whom we are, and We are not just Quilters
– We are Artists!
Join the Ebony Stitchers Quilt Exhibition and share your artistic works with the world.
Exhibition Theme - “Out of the Box – Art Quilts!”
Category I. Quilts made of all types of fabrics illustrating an artistic expression in story quilts, mixed media, abstract art, scenic / portrait/ painted quilts and other forms of quilted representation that are not necessary made from “squares” (hence Out of the Box). The fabrics may be cotton, synthetics, silks, etc.
Category II. Quilts that are mixed fabrics - partially (50%) made of fabrics from countries and ethnicities different from fabrics that are characteristic of the United States mixed with any other type of fabrics.
Theme Quilt Directions
- Identify your quilts theme when submitting the application.
- Identify any pattern used to construct the quilt / or the origin of the pattern/design/ fiber art submission. You may create your own design, please state so.
- Describe the inspiration for your quilt/ art form.
Non- Theme Quilts
We recognize that everyone may not want to participate in the exhibition theme, so Participants may also submit quilt and/or fiber art works that are traditional/ contemporary/ and/or fiber art items. We will welcome your art with the same enthusiasm!
1. Theme Quilts
2. Non Theme Quilts
a. Contemporary Quilts
b. Traditional Quilts
1. Fabric must be cotton and/or a cotton derivative, silks or synthetics
2. Quilt must have a four inch sleeve on each quilt piece submitted as an entry
3. Non-Hanging Fiber Art Submissions
a. Beadwork Art – must incorporate some fabric
b. Dolls – should preferably incorporate theme
c. Handbags and Purses – should preferably incorporate theme
- Wall, Small and Lap sizes - Two pieces for entry fee of $25.
- Twin, Queen ($15) and/or King size is $25 per quilt submission
- If you are mailing your quilt/ art object include:
- Return postage and return label to owner
- Fed Ex pre-addressed return label if you are using FED EX
For More Information: www.ebonystitchersquiltguild.org
November 2011 Call for Quilts
January 2012 Call for Quilts
March 2012 Call for Quilts
April 2012 Call for Quilts
May 2012 Call for Quilts – Directions
June 10, 2012
Application due with application fee and photo of quilt/ artistic item as described in the application directions. Complete a separate application for each entry.
July 09, 2012 Applicant notified about acceptance of entry.
July 14, 2012 Quilts due (refer to application)